So, I know...kinda confusing cause we have been engaged for 2.5 months and talking about a ring..... let me explain:
Prior to our engagement, when we were discussing getting hitched obviously the ring came up...because of the great family that Anton has, Anton was gifted his Great Grandmother's ring (from Germany). It was a beautiful ring, it was definitely aged, and worn down..and as a size 4 was a little tight around my finger. We both loved the look of the ring, it was vintage, had both white and yellow gold...and most important, it was UNIQUE..and no one else has one like it!! So even before we were engaged we knew we were going to make one just like it, the only problem was how to get it done.
On one of the few times that me and Anton were actually together in Utah, we found a great ring shop that was going to make us just what we wanted....
So we made the plans, and then Anton flew back to California for work.
Anton, the little sneak that he is, knew that to make the ring, he wanted to buy different parts of the ring on his own, such as the center diamond. So for my trip to California when we did get engaged, he use a solitaire diamond, with the white gold that we wanted for the ring. He's so cleaver! ;)
And this is what I wore for a while....
Then a few months later when we got some time in Utah again, we started the process for the custom ring (using the ring I already had for the center diamond)...it only took a few weeks...and...He, being the romantic that he is proposed to me again....
He's lucky I said "Yes"..... again!! ;)
How he proposed the second time....
Pretty huh!?!?!?
So thats THE RING!
Im back home in New Mexico for the summer, got my job at Los Alamos Lab, doing the same diagnostic testing I did last summer... Anton is still in California for the time being...





ummmm....I wasn't gonna say anything but it's bugging me. Why is your fiance wearing 2 watches??
ReplyDeletehaha! oh so funny, you're actually not the first person to say something about it...
ReplyDeletehe's not that weird people, the white one is a watch, and the black one is one of those "powerbands" for super powers and such... :)